Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Thoughts on Tomes. (You can find the Goodreads group for it here) This week’s topic is book covers you’d live in! What this means is books with covers that you’d like to be transported into. So, here’s my Top 5!
- The Waking Land by Callie Bates – I love the magical forest vibe of this cover, and the shiny leaves on the hardcover version. It just looks like it would be such a beautiful forest to walk through and, as far as book covers go, this one if pretty stunning.
- Cartes Postales from Greece by Victoria Hislop – To be honest, the picture on this cover just looks like such a beautiful holiday destination, and I know the pictures in this book are photographs of real places so being transported there wouldn’t be entirely impossible!
- The Witchwood Crown by Tad Williams – I love a castle, and the one on this cover looks particularly dark and mysterious. I would love to see what the rest of the world in this book looks like.
- The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden – Now, I wouldn’t necessarily want to live in this cover (it looks cold) but I would definitely like to visit and meet the fantastical Russian spirits described in the story.
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – The clothes of the silhouettes on this cover look fantastic and I love the mysterious black and white effect. It really makes me want to go to the night circus and see what it’s all about.
So that’s my Top 5 Book Covers I’d Live In! What covers would you like to be transported into?