Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Thoughts on Tomes. (You can find the Goodreads group for it here) This week’s topic is Favourite Bromances! A bromance = platonic relationship between two characters who identify as male. So here are some of my faves…
- Frodo and Sam, The Lord of the Rings by JRR Tolkein – Their friendship was truly put to the test on their journey to Mount Doom, but Sam stuck by Frodo all the way and they came out still friends.
- Merry and Pippin, also The Lord of the Rings – These two are adorable and I love them. Their friendship really is more like brothers.
- Jean-Luc and Vic in London Belongs to Us by Sara Manning – These two are so alike that everyone thinks they’re twins (they’re actually cousins) and they’re hilarious and sweet and bounce off each other brilliantly.
- Back to The Lord of the Rings with Legolas, Gimli and Aragorn – This is the ultimate bro-triangle. No arguments.
- Jace and Alec in The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare – Although Jace actually lets Alec down over and over again, prioritising girls and his confusing parental relationships over his parabatai, Alec never lets go of his connection to Jace. And that’s some serious commitment.
What are your favourite book bromances? Let me know!