Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme run by Thoughts on Tomes. (You can find the Goodreads group for it here). This week’s topic is Books Featuring Vampires (in honour of it being October). Pretty self explanatory.
- Cirque Du Freak by Darren Shan – Probably the first and best series of books about vampires I read, this is a truly fantastic story about a boy forced to fake his own death and learn how to live as a vampire.
- Twilight by Stephanie Meyer – The most obvious choice possible, but I really did enjoy this series. The writing was terrible, the characters were awful, and the general love-triangle fuelled teen-angst was truly dreadful, but I loved it anyway.
- City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – Another very obvious YA fantasy to pick, but it turns out I’ve actually read very few books featuring vampires. Although there are quite a few vampires in this one, Simon is obviously the main one and the best.
- The Ninth Rain by Jen Williams – This was a really epic fantasy adventure, featuring mostly immortal beings who feed off human blood (vampires). The Vamps in this book also carry some elfish characteristics and are very sassy and cool.
- The Evil Seed by Joanne Harris – In a nice change of pace, the vampires in this book are vicious and cruel, and don’t fall in love with humans.