I’ve been very kindly nominated for this award by the lovely Darque Dreamer Reads – her blog is beautiful so go check it out.
This is a fun award because we all get to learn some new things about each other and spread the blogger-love.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about you.
- Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
- Give them 11 questions to answer.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I have never broken a bone.
- If I could, I would eat pizza and garlic bread every single day.
- I love the idea of physical books, and having them on my shelves, but I actually find reading easier on my kindle.
- I reallyreallyreally want to work in publishing.
- I’m slowly collecting and playing the Lego video games, but I only have a PS3 so options are limited.
- I have vitiligo.
- There are 36 physical books on my shelves that I haven’t read yet.
- I have a mild obsession with giraffes.
- I am in Gryffindor.
- My favourite colour is green.
- My favourite chore is doing the laundry.
Questions From Darque Dreamer Reads:
- Have you read a book with a perfect ending?
I’m not sure perfect is the word in the sense that it was actually a very distressing ending, but the ending of The Silent Companions by Laura Purcell was perfectly horrifying.
- Does your favorite movie have a perfect ending?
My favourite movie is Sucker Punch. The ending actually isn’t perfect in my opinion but does draw the story to a close effectively.
- Why did you start your blog?
I just stumbled across some book blogs one day and thought they were a marvellous idea. If other people could do this, why shouldn’t I? (And I’m glad I did).
- Do you have a follower goal in mind?
Ideally I’d love to have a huge following, but it’s not that important to me. I blog for myself and to review books – if people want to follow my blog that’s just a bonus.
- What advice would you give to your beginner blog self?
Interact more with other bloggers! Make the time to go and read other people’s posts. How can you expect anyone to read your reviews if you don’t read theirs?
- Where is the best place you have visited?
THIS IS SO HARD. I’ve been to some really amazing places: Italy, Paris, Costa Rica… but I also love places like London, and Disneyland is very special.
- Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
Probably my mum.
- What is your favorite book or movie genre?
Book = Fantasy. Movie = maybe Indie/Fantasy
- If you could write yourself in to a book or movie, which one would you be a character in?
An obvious choice, but Harry Potter. Who wouldn’t want to go to Hogwarts?
- Do you like going to concerts?
I like some concerts. I went to see McBusted most recently and that was absolutely fantastic, but I don’t really like crowds so it depends on the type of music and whether I think the performance would be worth seeing. Anything likely to have mosh pits is an absolute no.
- What is one food you absolutely hate?
Mushrooms. Ughughugh nope I can’t.
- What was your first favourite book?
- Do you prefer series or standalones?
- What do you find hardest about blogging?
- If you could have any pet, what would you choose?
- What was the last movie you saw at the cinema? Did you enjoy it?
- What book should everyone read?
- Other than books, what is something you’re passionate about?
- Can you play any instruments?
- What’s your favourite book/movie quote?
- Best movie soundtrack?
- What is the best book you’ve read in 2017 so far?